The MIDAS Coordination Center is pleased to announce the seven award recipients for the MIDAS COVID-19 Urgent Grant Program.
New Initiative awards:
- Jaline Gerardin: Design of cost-effective COVID-19 surveillance
- Daniel Larremore: Model-informed vaccine prioritization strategies
- Joseph Lewnard: Transmission and severity of SARS-CoV-2 in India
- Thomas McAndrew: Aggregating computational models and human judgment for more accurate forecasts of the US COVID-19 outbreak
- Isabel Rodriguez-Barraquer: Sero-epidemiological modeling for COVID-19 control
- Asma Azizi: Optimizing COVID-19 Awareness and Testing Strategy
- Pilar Fernandez: Agent-based modelling for COVID19 in South America
We thank all the applicants and grant reviewers, as well as NIGMS for their support. Visit the MIDAS grant awards page to explore more details about the awarded projects. The awardees will present their projects at MIDAS Webinars in November and December, 2020. Go to the MIDAS Webinar page to register to attend!
We are still accepting applications for Supplemental funding projects – visit the MIDAS page for application information. The next submission deadline is November 23, 2020.