Deadline extended! See below for travel support for students from underrepresented groups.
Application deadline: Friday, July 8 (11:59pm, EDT)
Application link: https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6QCAfR4v6YAnJPg
The MIDAS Coordination Center (MCC) will provide financial support for a limited number of students from underrepresented groups to travel to Bethesda, MD, to attend the 2022 MIDAS Network Annual Meeting. The MIDAS 2022 meeting is being held from September 7-9, at the Hyatt Regency in Bethesda.
- Students must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or PhD student.
- Students must be living in the United States. (International travel support is not available).
- MIDAS Network membership is NOT required.
- Successful applicants are expected to attend all sessions of MIDAS 2022.
- MCC will pay for domestic return flight and hotel accommodation only.
- Students may need to share hotel rooms.
- Students will need to pay for their own ground transportation and other incidental costs. Some light refreshments will be provided during the Meeting, but students will need to pay for their own meals for lunch and dinner.
Students will need to:
- indicate how they identify as a member of an underrepresented group. The MCC generally follows the NIH definition of underrepresented groups.
- complete a short statement describing their current research into infectious diseases.
- complete a short statement explaining why they wish to attend MIDAS 2022 and how it will benefit their education.
Questions: please email any questions to: email@example.com.